Go Back   The Liberty Lounge Political Forums > Liberty Lounge Discussions > The Floor

Political Forum Click HERE to register your free account and become a member of our community today!
Register to Post a Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
What?

Anarcho-Capitalist
Oklahoma
stolz25 President material?stolz25 President material?stolz25 President material?

Police Are Fun

Grandpa, Pregnant Mom Tasered at Baptism Party

MANASSAS, Va. - Prince William County Police responded to a noise complaint at a child's baptism party. By the time they left, a grandfather and a pregnant woman had been Tasered.
Victoria Advocate | Texas pastor protesting traffic stop arrested

WEBSTER, Texas (AP) — Webster police used a Taser on a pastor and pepper spray to disperse members of his congregation Wednesday after they said the pastor tried to interfere with a traffic stop of a member of his church.
Man threatens lawsuit against Boise Police after taser incident | KTVB.COM | Idaho News

This one is a little two involved for the first line to sum it up, but the police go to arrest a man (rightfully), and do it by tasering him in the rectum and threatening to taser his nuts. Then, when they find out someone was recording it, they attempt to destroy the evidence.

WISCONSIN STATE JOURNAL

Two Wisconsin National Guardsmen filed a federal civil rights lawsuit against the city of Wisconsin Dells, its police chief and three officers because they were forced to lap up what was believed to be human urine from the ground last summer.
Police Taser, Pepper Spray Mentally Disabled Deaf Man - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

MOBILE, Ala. — Police in Mobile, Ala., used pepper spray and a Taser on a deaf, mentally disabled who they said wouldn't leave a store's bathroom.
That last one is particularly sad.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble Upon this Post!
Register to Reply to This Post
Old 08-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
No longer cares, bye

Classic Liberal
Socal
The Great Catpiss is the Vice President!The Great Catpiss is the Vice President!

It seems that they pretty much use those tools to get people to conform without hesitation. It is required that a police officer get tasered before they can use the taser. I think this gives them a false sense of security. They assume all other people are built the same and can withstand the shock from the taser. This is not entirely true, as tasers have been proven to kill people with weak hearts.

I seem to recall reading something a few years ago where an officer tasered someone in the scrotum for not peeing in a cup at the hosiptal.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble Upon this Post!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #3
ἀλήθεια

Humanist
while (1)
HughRuss Has a place in history!HughRuss Has a place in history!HughRuss Has a place in history!HughRuss Has a place in history!HughRuss Has a place in history!

Originally Posted by The Great Catpiss View Post
This is not entirely true, as tasers have been proven to kill people with weak hearts.
Like babies in vitro.

A family member of mine is a cop, and he told me in his district (I specifically asked him about the pregnant woman) there is a police-statute, or a bylaw in their code of conduct, that prohibits the use of a taser on a pregnant woman specifically because of the safety and well-being of the child.

--Stephen Dedalus (by way of Joyce)

Old 08-10-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
Never, never, never give up

Independent
High Point, NC
Stylerod is a Member of the House

They are all such terrible people

A Bandon police officer died this morning trying to rescue a Maple Valley, Washington teen who had been pulled into the ocean.

Retired LAFD Firefighter, Now Ore. Police Officer Dies Trying to Rescue Teen From Ocean
Sgt. Andy Tingwall perished as a result of the crash Tuesday night in which he and a state police officer were trying to rescue a lost female hiker in rough weather, the officials said at a news conference Thursday.

http://www.emsresponder.com/web/online/Top-EMS-News/New-Mexico-Rescue-Helicopter-Pilot-Killed-in-Crash/1$9700
The officers quickly searched the salon for the reported gunman and then moved on to back apartment e when they hear cries for help. They stood in a narrow hallway leading to the second-floor apartment, preparing to storm in when shots rang out.

Felix Sandoval allegedly poked a hand out from behind the door and opened fire, blindly, with a .38-caliber revolver. Starzyk was wearing a protective vest but a bullet found its way passed the vest and killed the officer.

"What we had was trained officers determined to attempt to save lives, and they put their own lives in jeopardy," Martinez Police Chief Tom Simonetti told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Martinez Police Officer Dies In Rescue Attempt - Reno News Story - KRXI Reno
FORT WORTH -- A 34-year-old Fort Worth police officer with two young daughters died early Sunday when his patrol car was rear-ended and burst into flames along Interstate 35W.

Officer Dwayne Freeto was pronounced dead at the scene. He had responded to a stranded motorist call on southbound I-35W at Morningside Drive around 3:45 a.m.

Investigators said the 21-year-old driver of a Lexus, believed to be a Fort Worth man, slammed into the rear of Freeto's patrol car at high speed. Police said they believe that alcohol also might have been a factor.

Freeto was trapped inside his burning car, a 2005 Ford Crown Victoria parked on the outside shoulder of the interstate, with lights flashing.

A bystander and an off-duty Fort Worth police officer tried to rescue him but said the fire was too intense, said Lt. Dean Sullivan, a Fort Worth police spokesman.

Fort Worth officer killed while helping motorist | The Center for Autosafety
Police Officer Dies In Surf Rescue
Seattle Times Staff: Seattle Times News Services

OCEAN SHORES, Grays Harbor County - Rough waters swamped two rescue vessels coming to the aid of a surfer, killing an Ocean Shores police officer yesterday.

Local News | Police Officer Dies In Surf Rescue | Seattle Times Newspaper

Old 08-10-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
ἀλήθεια

Humanist
while (1)
HughRuss Has a place in history!HughRuss Has a place in history!HughRuss Has a place in history!HughRuss Has a place in history!HughRuss Has a place in history!

Originally Posted by Stylerod View Post
Who said they were all bad? We've established in previous threads the point you made in this one.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:59 PM   #6
No longer cares, bye

Classic Liberal
Socal
The Great Catpiss is the Vice President!The Great Catpiss is the Vice President!

party pooper

Old 08-11-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
America Fuck Yea
Election Moderator

Republican In Name Only
kinggovernor is a Distinguished Senatorkinggovernor is a Distinguished Senator

I find people that hate the police often subscribe to the perfect solution fallacy

For instance, your last story is about the police tasering a retarded man because he wouldn't leave the bathroom......seems pretty obvious until you think of what they did. The family is pissed because they said that the retarded man has the brain of a 10 year old, well then what the hell are you doing leaving him alone in a store's bathroom. What is the free market response for that?

Old 08-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #8

Paleolibertarian
Winston has political potential

Thirty years ago a friend of mine had a run in with the law. He weighed at least three hundred pounds, was a little over six feet tall, and strong as an ox. He was a hard drinker and one night was pulled over for DUI while driving his vintage Mustang.

It was a city cop, and he was accompianed by another city cop. They arrested my friend and placed him in the back of the cruiser. Then they called for a towtruck. My friend asked that they not, and instead allow him to get a friend to pick up his car. They laughed at him, told him to shut-up, and they would do what they wanted to do.

He told him, "I ain't no dumbass. I just kick the glass out, open the door, and jump the hell out." They laughed again, told him to go ahead and try. Smash, out goes the glass but at this point the cruiser is running down a fourlane highway at about seventy. The passenger is laughing hard and my friend goes, "Look here punk, I knock out that damn plexiglass and come up there and kick your ass". The passenger goes, "Go ahead big boy"

BOOM, and then out pops the bolts holding in the plexiglass and it gives way. My friend said the passenger was trying to climb into the glovebox. They stop the cruiser and when my friend comes out other officers that had responded tagged his ass with a billyclub and he goes out cold.

He comes to cuffed and on the way to the hospital. When they get there they proceed to take him to an elevator. He goes, "I ain't getting in that elevator" but they drag him in anyway, takes four of them. He is fighting it all the way knowing they going to beat him again when he gets in the elevator.

The elevator door closes on the first floor and up it goes to the second. When the doors open on the second there is my friend standing, still cuffed. Around him lay four police officers, out cold.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
No longer cares, bye

Classic Liberal
Socal

Originally Posted by Winston View Post
Thirty years ago a friend of mine had a run in with the law. He weighed at least three hundred pounds, was a little over six feet tall, and strong as an ox. He was a hard drinker and one night was pulled over for DUI while driving his vintage Mustang.

It was a city cop, and he was accompianed by another city cop. They arrested my friend and placed him in the back of the cruiser. Then they called for a towtruck. My friend asked that they not, and instead allow him to get a friend to pick up his car. They laughed at him, told him to shut-up, and they would do what they wanted to do.

He told him, "I ain't no dumbass. I just kick the glass out, open the door, and jump the hell out." They laughed again, told him to go ahead and try. Smash, out goes the glass but at this point the cruiser is running down a fourlane highway at about seventy. The passenger is laughing hard and my friend goes, "Look here punk, I knock out that damn plexiglass and come up there and kick your ass". The passenger goes, "Go ahead big boy"

BOOM, and then out pops the bolts holding in the plexiglass and it gives way. My friend said the passenger was trying to climb into the glovebox. They stop the cruiser and when my friend comes out other officers that had responded tagged his ass with a billyclub and he goes out cold.

He comes to cuffed and on the way to the hospital. When they get there they proceed to take him to an elevator. He goes, "I ain't getting in that elevator" but they drag him in anyway, takes four of them. He is fighting it all the way knowing they going to beat him again when he gets in the elevator.

The elevator door closes on the first floor and up it goes to the second. When the doors open on the second there is my friend standing, still cuffed. Around him lay four police officers, out cold.
So the moral of the story is that they should have tasered his balls the first time he acted up?

Old 08-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #10
ἀλήθεια

Humanist
while (1)

Originally Posted by The Great Catpiss View Post
So the moral of the story is that they should have tasered his balls the first time he acted up?
No, I think the moral is to not arrest people that are bigger, stronger, and more athletic than the police.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #11

Paleolibertarian

Originally Posted by HughRuss View Post
No, I think the moral is to not arrest people that are bigger, stronger, and more athletic than the police.
There isn't a moral, but if you looking for one I can give you a couple. First, a badge and a gun ain't going to give anyone the right to be an asshole. Second, no matter how bad you think you are, someone is bigger and badder.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #12

Independent
High Point, NC

There isn't a moral, but if you looking for one I can give you a couple. First, a badge and a gun ain't going to give anyone the right to be an asshole. Second, no matter how bad you think you are, someone is bigger and badder.
Wait, the police were assholes? I'm sorry, I thought this story was about your buddy being the asshole. I mean, drinking and driving and then expecting the police to do him a favor? There isn't much worse in my book.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #13
ἀλήθεια

Humanist
while (1)

Wait, the police were assholes? I'm sorry, I thought this story was about your buddy being the asshole. I mean, drinking and driving and then expecting the police to do him a favor? There isn't much worse in my book.
Yeah, I agree with Stylerod on this one.

Your buddy was acting like an all out prick. Legally, when police make arrests, they have to get the car off the road. According to many statutes, from what I understand, the best way for them to do this is by towing it off. Let's review the progression of events as I understand them:

A. Your buddy was drunk, and speeding.
B. The cops pulled him over for highway infractions, and noticed he was over the legal limit.
C. They arrested him, as laws are supposed to go.
D. Your buddy tells the police he's going to have a friend come and pick up his car, when the police are (more often than not) legally obligated to get the car off the road asap.
E. The police do not oblige this request, and laugh at him, due to his seemingly intoxicated state.
F. Your buddy proceeds to kick out the glass of his window in the police cruiser.
G. Your buddy proceeds to kick out the Plexiglas barrier between him and the cops in front.
H. Your buddy assaults an officer on the road.
I. Your buddy is detained and knocked out cold with a billy club (call restraining when people are resisting arrest).
J. Your buddy goes to the county (?) jail, is booked, and then assaults 4 more officers in the lobby.

So, all-in-all, there was traffic violations, resisting, assault and battery, damage to the police cruiser, egregious assault, disturbance, and this is all before they brought him down to the jailhouse. How exactly are the cops to blame for such events?

Old 08-11-2009, 05:51 PM   #14
Braccae tuae aperiuntur.

Reform Party
JaJae Has a place in history!JaJae Has a place in history!JaJae Has a place in history!JaJae Has a place in history!

Your buddy was acting like an all out prick. Legally, when police make arrests, they have to get the car off the road. According to many statutes, from what I understand, the best way for them to do this is by towing it off. Let's review the progression of events as I understand them:

B. The cops pulled him over for highway infractions, and noticed he was over the legal limit.
D. Your buddy tells the police he's going to have a friend come and pick up his car, when the police are (more often than not) legally obligated to get the car off the road asap.
E. The police do not oblige this request, and laugh at him, due to his seemingly intoxicated state.
F. Your buddy proceeds to kick out the glass of his window in the police cruiser.
G. Your buddy proceeds to kick out the Plexiglas barrier between him and the cops in front.
I. Your buddy is detained and knocked out cold with a billy club (call restraining when people are resisting arrest).
J. Your buddy goes to the county (?) jail, is booked, and then assaults 4 more officers in the lobby.

So, all-in-all, there was traffic violations, resisting, assault and battery, damage to the police cruiser, egregious assault, disturbance, and this is all before they brought him down to the jailhouse. How exactly are the cops to blame for such events?
+1 for everything said here. The police are often obligated to get cars off the road ASAP, especially state roads. And they can't wait around to see if someone picks up the car since his asshole of a friend got himself arrested.

The post was written as if he was bragging, which was quite disturbing. And the comment about police not arresting people bigger than them was beyond logical. I hope he spent some time in prison for that.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #15

Paleolibertarian

Yep, police were assholes.

First, long time ago, common practice was to have someone come and pick up the vehicle. Even today, they ain't exactly swarming to tow away those abandoned vehicles with the white towels hanging on the door parked on the service road of the interstate. Try again.

Second, laughing and taunting kind of the same thing as asking for an asskicking where I come from. The spectator in the drivers seat did both.

Third, what kind of hospital has the emergency room on the second floor? It was on the first, that was where he was stiched up--the second floor, that was the maternity ward. He was completely aware of that reality, as was the judge that dismissed the charges. The arrest was outside the jurisidiction of the officer, the spectator had no business being in the car, was off duty and there for entertainment purposes only, and the only possible reason to drag the agitated hoss into the elevator was to rough him up.

So let me get this straight, screaming down the highway well in excess of the speed limit and weaving back and forth while taunting a drunk to go ahead and jump out the door with your off duty buddy laughing and joining in from the passenger seat is your idea of a professional policeman. Suckers more than had it coming.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:26 PM   #16

Paleolibertarian

Did I say he was "drunk" or that he was speeding? No, I said he was pulled over for driving while intoxicated--which means they "suspected it".

They "noticed"? What, they got a breathalyzer for a nose? Again, they suspected it, and booked him to take him in to blow on the machine.

Yes, and he complied.

Horseshit. Even today, a vintage car would require a rollback to become available. Might take a while. No regular towtruck going to take on the liability.

Yeah, quite professional wouldn't you say? Like waving a red flag in front of a bull funny if you ask me.

They told him to. They said, "Go ahead big boy". They asked him to put his hands behind his back, he did. They asked him to kick out the window, he did. They asked him to knock out the plexiglass barrier, he did. Tell me, just when is he supposed to follow their orders and when is he not, and how the hell is he supposed to know the damn differance?

Nope, he knocked out the glass and the barrier, just like they told him. Didn't touch the assholes. They shit their pants anyway.

They asked him to step out of the car, he did. They smacked him with the billy club. Tell me, at what point did he fail to follow the officer's orders?

No, he went to the hospital to get stiched up before booking. Got taken to the elevator to be beaten up. Knocked out the four dolts that thought they were going to do the beating. Then calmly sat in the emergency room and waited for backup to come pick him up for booking, and blowing--which was UNDER the legal limit, and then released on bail pending trial.

Don't ask for something you ain't willing to get. Simple country rule applied by a simple country judge.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #17
ἀλήθεια

Humanist
while (1)

Did I say he was "drunk" or that he was speeding? No, I said he was pulled over for driving while intoxicated--which means they "suspected it".
Yes, he was pulled over on suspicion. You have to do an awful lot to have somebody think you're intoxicated. Like swerving in and out of lanes, not driving in a straight path, not staying in one lane, or speeding --or a combination thereof.

Interestingly enough, police don't have to take somebody to jail to see whether or not they're drunk. See, there are these things called field sobriety checks, and any cop with half a brain would use such measures before hastily arresting somebody. In fact, there are a number of steps before an arrest is made, and they tend to follow the following pattern:

1. Suspicion of intoxication --the officer has suspicion to believe the driver is drunk. There are a number of factors that can contribute to this, and I listed the 4 most prevalent.
2. Investigation/further of suspicion --see, when people talk, they emit air through their trachea in order to make sounds. This is called breath. The interesting thing about breath is, if somebody has been consuming alcohol, the smell of rotting potatoes, grapes, or whatever else, happens to be on their breath more often than not. If the officer sees open bottles of liquor in the car, there is further suspicion. The following are criteria:
  • odor of an alcoholic beverage on the driver's breath or in the car generally
  • slurred speech in response to the questioning
  • watery, blood shot, and/or reddish eyes
  • flushed face
  • droopy eyelids
  • difficulty in understanding and responding intelligently to question
  • fumbling with his or her driver's license and registration
  • the plain-view presence of containers of alcoholic beverages in the vehicle.
  • admission of consumption of alcoholic beverage
3. In order to determine whether the person is tired, drunk, or has a retard-face, they perform a field-sobriety test. There are numerous different methods, and the police tend to administer more than one. The following are field sobriety tests:

• horizontal gaze nystagmus test, which involves following an object with the eyes (such as a pen) to determine characteristic eye movement reaction.[11]
  • walk-and-turn (heel-to-toe in a straight line).
  • one-leg-stand.
  • modified-position-of-attention (feet together, head back, eyes closed for thirty seconds; also known as the Romberg test).
  • finger-to-nose (tip head back, eyes closed, touch the tip of nose with tip of index finger).
  • recite all or part of the alphabet (a common myth is that the alphabet must be recited backwards, however, this is never done during an FST, as many sober people are unable to do this.).
  • touch each finger of hand to thumb counting with each touch (1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1).
  • count backwards from a number such as 30 or 100.
  • breathe into a "portable or preliminary breath tester" or PBT.
4. If a person has failed the FST, after the officer has reason to suspect the person, he will most likely arrest the perpetrator because he can be a hazard to other drivers on the road.

Now, you might say "Well dem po-po didn't do no FST on mah champ!" In that case, he acted like a moron, and given his temper --what with smashing windows and barriers-- it is more than likely that he decided to do so --which is, oddly enough, another symptom of alcohol consumption: being cocksure, although that can also be symptomatic of him just being himself.
They "noticed"? What, they got a breathalyzer for a nose? Again, they suspected it, and booked him to take him in to blow on the machine.
Cf. the above list. It takes a lot more than suspicion to inconvenience a driver enough to take him off the road, and have his vehicle towed (which, incidentally, costs money).
Yes, and he complied.
Given his story, yes, he complied to the letter of the law. Just like how OJ said he didn't do it. If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.
Horseshit. Even today, a vintage car would require a rollback to become available. Might take a while. No regular towtruck going to take on the liability.
Yes, they will. Trust me. They will. A tow-truck, if required, will take a Maserati off the road if they are required.
Yeah, quite professional wouldn't you say? Like waving a red flag in front of a bull funny if you ask me.
Yep, because you have to blame the bull-fighter for the bull's temper (when in reality, the blame falls on the shoulders of the people who cinch the clamp on his testicles).
They told him to. They said, "Go ahead big boy". They asked him to put his hands behind his back, he did. They asked him to kick out the window, he did. They asked him to knock out the plexiglass barrier, he did. Tell me, just when is he supposed to follow their orders and when is he not, and how the hell is he supposed to know the damn differance?
Oh dear Christ. I thought this "defense" was eradicated from adult vernacular after being berated by your parents "Well, if Tommy told you to jump off a cliff, would you?" This is ridiculous, and you know it.
Nope, he knocked out the glass and the barrier, just like they told him. Didn't touch the assholes. They shit their pants anyway.
He broke through a barrier with malice. This would not hold up in court, and you know it.
They asked him to step out of the car, he did. They smacked him with the billy club. Tell me, at what point did he fail to follow the officer's orders?
Probably when he decided to break the law by destroying personal property and assaulting the officers.
No, he went to the hospital to get stiched up before booking. Got taken to the elevator to be beaten up.
Because if it's anything police do in elevators in hospitals, it's brutalize an already nearly-comatose person.
Knocked out the four dolts that thought they were going to do the beating. Then calmly sat in the emergency room and waited for backup to come pick him up for booking, and blowing--which was UNDER the legal limit, and then released on bail pending trial.
Yeah, he's totally innocent, which is why he decided to act in the manner he did. In any event, you're going off of his story. It sounds like a drummed up children's game of telephone, if you ask me, where the original story gets bigger and more grandiose, or in this case, begins to portray the subject in an increasingly better light, as time goes by.
Don't ask for something you ain't willing to get. Simple country rule applied by a simple country judge.

Old 08-11-2009, 09:26 PM   #18

Independent
High Point, NC

Yep, police were assholes.

First, long time ago, common practice was to have someone come and pick up the vehicle. Even today, they ain't exactly swarming to tow away those abandoned vehicles with the white towels hanging on the door parked on the service road of the interstate. Try again.

Second, laughing and taunting kind of the same thing as asking for an asskicking where I come from. The spectator in the drivers seat did both.

Third, what kind of hospital has the emergency room on the second floor? It was on the first, that was where he was stiched up--the second floor, that was the maternity ward. He was completely aware of that reality, as was the judge that dismissed the charges. The arrest was outside the jurisidiction of the officer, the spectator had no business being in the car, was off duty and there for entertainment purposes only, and the only possible reason to drag the agitated hoss into the elevator was to rough him up.

So let me get this straight, screaming down the highway well in excess of the speed limit and weaving back and forth while taunting a drunk to go ahead and jump out the door with your off duty buddy laughing and joining in from the passenger seat is your idea of a professional policeman. Suckers more than had it coming.
I don't even believe your story is true

Old 08-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #19
America Fuck Yea
Election Moderator

Republican In Name Only
kinggovernor is a Distinguished Senatorkinggovernor is a Distinguished Senator

this never happened.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:00 AM   #20

Paleolibertarian

Yes, he was pulled over on suspicion. You have to do an awful lot to have somebody think you're intoxicated. Like swerving in and out of lanes, not driving in a straight path, not staying in one lane, or speeding --or a combination thereof.

Interestingly enough, police don't have to take somebody to jail to see whether or not they're drunk. See, there are these things called field sobriety checks, and any cop with half a brain would use such measures before hastily arresting somebody. In fact, there are a number of steps before an arrest is made, and they tend to follow the following pattern:

1. Suspicion of intoxication --the officer has suspicion to believe the driver is drunk. There are a number of factors that can contribute to this, and I listed the 4 most prevalent.
2. Investigation/further of suspicion --see, when people talk, they emit air through their trachea in order to make sounds. This is called breath. The interesting thing about breath is, if somebody has been consuming alcohol, the smell of rotting potatoes, grapes, or whatever else, happens to be on their breath more often than not. If the officer sees open bottles of liquor in the car, there is further suspicion. The following are criteria:[/list]3. In order to determine whether the person is tired, drunk, or has a retard-face, they perform a field-sobriety test. There are numerous different methods, and the police tend to administer more than one. The following are field sobriety tests:[/list]4. If a person has failed the FST, after the officer has reason to suspect the person, he will most likely arrest the perpetrator because he can be a hazard to other drivers on the road.

Now, you might say "Well dem po-po didn't do no FST on mah champ!" In that case, he acted like a moron, and given his temper --what with smashing windows and barriers-- it is more than likely that he decided to do so --which is, oddly enough, another symptom of alcohol consumption: being cocksure, although that can also be symptomatic of him just being himself.

Cf. the above list. It takes a lot more than suspicion to inconvenience a driver enough to take him off the road, and have his vehicle towed (which, incidentally, costs money).
Funny as shit. The NHTSA was not even created until 1970, right around the time of the incident. The NHTSA created the FST AFTER 1970, So, thanks for the info on the FST, it means nothing,

Given his story, yes, he complied to the letter of the law. Just like how OJ said he didn't do it. If the glove don't fit, you must acquit.
And the cops, why they were model officers.

Yes, they will. Trust me. They will. A tow-truck, if required, will take a Maserati off the road if they are required.
And if they tear it up, whose insurance is going to pay for it? Tow truck just love taking on additional risks without additional compensation.

Yep, because you have to blame the bull-fighter for the bull's temper (when in reality, the blame falls on the shoulders of the people who cinch the clamp on his testicles).
Nobody cinched his balls. The cops waved the red flag for entertainment purposes.

Oh dear Christ. I thought this "defense" was eradicated from adult vernacular after being berated by your parents "Well, if Tommy told you to jump off a cliff, would you?" This is ridiculous, and you know it.
Nope. They asked and they recieved.

He broke through a barrier with malice. This would not hold up in court, and you know it.
What barrier. You keep creating stuff that never happened. They asked him to exit the vehicle and he did.

Probably when he decided to break the law by destroying personal property and assaulting the officers.
And what "private" property did he destroy? Where did he assault the officers prior to the elevator?

Because if it's anything police do in elevators in hospitals, it's brutalize an already nearly-comatose person.
Wow, now my friend is comatose in your imaginary vision. And again, cops would never do anything wrong like beat up a handcuffed individual.

Yeah, he's totally innocent, which is why he decided to act in the manner he did. In any event, you're going off of his story. It sounds like a drummed up children's game of telephone, if you ask me, where the original story gets bigger and more grandiose, or in this case, begins to portray the subject in an increasingly better light, as time goes by.

Nope, it's true. Same guy called the White House while partying with friends on the lake and gave them a piece of his mind. Woke up the next morning surrounded by FBI agents. Another time, he busted into the county dog pound, jumping over a wall and breaking his leg in the process. He still managed to free all the dogs before being arrested.

This all happened in the area where this happened.

On the evening of June 7, 1941 while at a road side tavern in Morgantown, N.C., Pitts was fatally stabbed by a jealous boyfriend as he watched Pitts dance with his girlfriend. The wound was not thought to be life threatening yet he died in the hospital while awaiting treatment. He was only 31 years old.

Philadelphia Athletics Historical Society's Official Website and Online Shoppe
And the guy that stabbed Pitts, he walked.

Register to Post a Reply