Originally Posted by David
Yes but are you a centralist capitalist, socialist, fascist or feudalist? Are you a centralist stateist or anarchist? Your collectivist (which you are as well unless your an anarchist) vs. individualist worldview doesn't tell anything about anyone beyond whether or not they're a collectivist or individualist.
Does that Libertarian chart tell you all that?
Well let's just take all the descriptions you mention above, and see if a simple sliding scale can do all that.
1. centerist - self-explanitary I believe.
2. capitalist - actually only a part of one's orientation. Not enough data
3. socialist - definitely a Collectivist, thusly on the Left
4. fascist - definitely a Collectivist, thusly on the Left
5. feudalist - what the hell is that? Didn't feudalism die out with divine right of kings?
6. stateists - are to the left of center, and make up a wide range of ideologies, including fascism, socialism, Marxism, and even Big Governnment Federalists. In other words, just about anything to the left of Center.
7. anarchist - definitely extreme Right, as in absence of structure, and highly indivdualistic.
See how simple that all works?