Go Back   The Liberty Lounge Political Forums > Liberty Lounge Discussions > Election 2012

Political Forum Click HERE to register your free account and become a member of our community today!
Register to Post a Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
America Fuck Yea
Election Moderator

Republican In Name Only
kinggovernor is a Distinguished Senatorkinggovernor is a Distinguished Senator

Rick Santorum is suspending his campaign

NewsHour ‏ @NewsHour
Santorum suspending his presidential campaign
Santorum Suspending Presidential Campaign | PBS NewsHour

He had a very interesting run, I can't believe he stayed in this long and was at some times competitive.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble Upon this Post!
Register to Reply to This Post
Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Earl Duke of Gonzo

Moderate
The Dirty Soufff JerZ
Salty Dog is the Vice President!Salty Dog is the Vice President!

I don't think Rick Santorum anticipated the longevity of his campaign when he launched it back in June 2011.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!Stumble Upon this Post!
Old 04-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
Member of the Bar

Federalist
The Esteemed Gentleman Has a place in history!The Esteemed Gentleman Has a place in history!The Esteemed Gentleman Has a place in history!

I think it is a combination of several things: 1. The inevitability of Romney (and the corollary of being a team player for the GOP at this point); 2. What Salty said; and 3. His daughter's health. This is the second time since the primaries began that she's been hospitalized. Put it all together, and I think he came to the right conclusion for both himself, his family, and the Republican Party.

It'll be interesting to see whether his supporters go to Newt or Romney.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
No longer cares, bye

Classic Liberal
Socal
The Great Catpiss is the Vice President!The Great Catpiss is the Vice President!

Romney quit too early in the 2008 running.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
Master Debator
Election Moderator

Democrat
Omaha, NE
DosEquis A true statesman!DosEquis A true statesman!DosEquis A true statesman!DosEquis A true statesman!DosEquis A true statesman!DosEquis A true statesman!

I would wager 60-70% of the santorum folks go gingrich.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Earl Duke of Gonzo

Moderate
The Dirty Soufff JerZ
Salty Dog is the Vice President!Salty Dog is the Vice President!

Originally Posted by DosEquis View Post
I would wager 60-70% of the santorum folks go gingrich.
I'd wager 100% of them go to Romney or decide to write in someone or don't vote at all.

Register to Post a Reply