| | General Rules
Religion and Philosophy
- Keep discussion civil. This forum is for debate and discussion, not slinging insults.
- Do not be rude to or insult other posters directly or indirectly.
- No flaming.
- Every post should be focused on the topic being discussed rather than other posters in the thread.
- No trolling. Don't post comments like "all arabs are terrorists" "party X sux" because they don't add anything worthwhile to the discussion.
- Posts that do not add anything constructive to a thread will likely be deleted. Repeat offenses will result in you being banned from the specific thread, and then from the site if it continues.
- When posting a thread, provide your opinion. We want to know what you think about a subject. One word or sentence is generally not sufficient.
- Understand that other people posting on this forum will have vastly different experiences, opinions, and views on topics than you will. Be respectful of that when replying to a thread.
- NWS [ Not Work Safe ] content must be labeled as such in the thread title or specific posts so people at work can filter what they decide to view. Thread titles should remain as work safe and guest-friendly as possible.
- Threads not labeled with NWS content properly will result in an infraction. Many users browse from work, and they need to be able to avoid getting in trouble through proper use of NWS labeling.
- Due to the controversial nature of these topics we will be more strict on the rules in this forum than most others. Please remember to direct your posts at the topic and not the other posters.
No Holds Barred
- This is a more relaxed forum for general chat, off topic banter, etc. While we are far less strict in this forum, good fellowship with other posters needs to be maintained.
The Reputation System - Information
- This is a forum where almost anything goes. Normal rules for conduct do not apply, with the exception of:
- No NWS content
- No racism. Discussions of racism will be allowed to continue unchecked; however, using racist insults and the like will not be tolerated. This isn't Stormfront.
- No posting or using of personal information against anyone on the forum. Anyone found to be doing this will be removed from the forum and banned immediately.
- You can not edit any posts in this forum, so don't post something you'll regret!
- Banned members will have access to post in this forum while banned.
- Rules for this forum will be changed and updated as needed
The Reputation System - Rules
- New users receive a reputation score of 9.
- You must have a reputation score of "10" in order for your reputation to be worth points.
- You can only give 5 reputation clicks per day. You must give reputation to clicks to 10 other users before you can click on the same user again.
- For every 1000 posts you have, your reputation clicks will add an extra point.
- For every positive 100 points you have on your balance you will be granted an extra point for your registration.
- This is a political forum. How others view your posts and integrity should mean something. We are hoping by implementing this system it will increase the quality of posts.
- We're not going to play the "Justify every reputation point left" game just because you disagree with one someone left. If you feel it is obvious abuse, please report the post you received reputation for with comments describing the abuse you feel is taking place.
- Reputation should be given based on the merits of the post, not as some kind of e-size / pissing contest. It's not a numbers game, so don't treat it like one.
- Valid reasons must be given for negative feedback. Disagreeing with someones conclusion is not a valid reason.
- You may not leave negative reputation in a thread where you have been in violation of the rules.
- Giving positive reputation to someone when they violate the rules will result in the reputation being deleted.
- Tit for tat reputations will be deleted. Repeated incidents will lead to infractions.
- The reputation system is not a buddy feedback or gang-up system. Repeated abuse will lead to infractions and deletion of said reputation.
- You may not create a new account for the purpose of leaving reputation. Doing so will result in an infraction, temporary ban, and the extra account being deleted.
- Reputation is not to be used to ask another member a question, or respond to a post of theirs rather than posting a reply in the thread. A brief comment about why you feel the quality of the post is good/bad is all that's needed.
- Examples of Good Reputation Comments: Great Post!, Informative, Funny, Insightful, Witty, Interesting Perspective, Rude, Hateful, Misinformation
- Examples of Bad Reputation comments: Hay, I'm insulting someone while leaving this feedback, Hay, I'm going to comment about another poster in the feedback, Hay, why do you think this is that way